Directions: Use a pencil to fill in the circle that has the same letter as the answer you have chosen.
1. Which is the most fertile area in Africa?
Ⓐ Congo Basin
Ⓒ Atlas Mountains
Ⓓ Serengeti Plain
2. The process of deserts spreading into areas of fertile land is known as
Ⓐ population growth.
3. Which physical feature divides North Africa from Sub-Saharan Africa?
Ⓐ the Nile River
Ⓑ Great Rift Valley
Ⓒ Kalahari Desert
Ⓓ Sahara Desert
4. The Bantu migration was so important to other regions of Sub-Saharan Africa because the Bantu introduced
Ⓐ agriculture and tool making.
Ⓑ the slave trade.
Ⓒ a writing system.
Ⓓ salt as a way to preserve food.
5. The government of South Africa created the policy of apartheid to
Ⓐ find jobs for black African workers.
Ⓑ give every citizen a small farm.
Ⓒ separate races and divide them into groups.
Ⓓ give all South Africans the right to vote.
|Source: 2006 CIA World Fact Book|
|Democratic Republic of Congo||55%||11%||34%|
Base your answers for questions 6 and 7 on the chart above.
6. Which country in Africa has less agriculture market value than the world average?
Ⓐ South Africa
Ⓒ Democratic Republic of Congo
7. Which two countries have the most industrial value?
Ⓐ Djibouti and South Africa
Ⓑ Guinea-Bissau and the Democratic Republic of Congo
Ⓒ Nigeria and South Africa
Ⓓ Djibouti and Guinea-Bissau
8. Based on the map and chart below, explain why Africa was an important continent to countries in Europe. Use your knowledge of social studies and information from the map and chart in your answer.
- Looking At KENYA - Where in the World Is Kenya?, What Is the Geography of Kenya?
- Other Free Encyclopedias