Directions: Use a pencil to fill in the circle that has the same letter as the answer you have chosen.
1. A peninsula is best defined as
Ⓐ land that has lakes and mountains.
Ⓑ an island surrounded by water.
Ⓒ land that has water on three sides.
Ⓓ rich, fertile land used for farming.
2. Standard of living refers to
Ⓐ a measure of quality of life.
Ⓑ where most people live.
Ⓒ the culture of a people.
Ⓓ people who want their own nation.
3. Much of Northern Europe has a mild climate. Which of the following causes this mild climate?
Ⓐ the Alpine Mountain System
Ⓑ the Norwegian Sea
Ⓒ the Baltic Sea
Ⓓ the North Atlantic Current
4. What imaginary line divides the Western Hemisphere and the Eastern Hemisphere?
Ⓐ the equator
Ⓑ the prime meridian
Ⓒ the Tropic of Cancer
Ⓓ the North European Plain
5. In the 1990s, ethnic tensions divided which of the following countries?
Ⓓ United Kingdom
6. The goal of the European Union is to
Ⓐ increase trade and raise the standard of living.
Ⓑ have the United States join the European Union.
Ⓒ limit trade to European Union members only.
Ⓓ lower food and energy prices.
7. What mountains divide Europe from Asia?
Ⓐ Ural Mountains
Ⓓ Caucasus Mountains
Use the map on page 71 and your knowledge of geography to answer questions 8-17. Place the correct map letter next to each place listed below the map.
8. Italy _________
9. Norway _________
10. Iceland _________
12. United Kingdom _________
13. Mediterranean Sea _________
14. France _________
15. Spain _________
17. North Sea _________
18. How did Europe's many mountain ranges affect the continent's development?
19. The North of Italy is much more developed that the South. Explain why there is a difference between the two regions. Use at least two facts to support your answer.
20. Italian history can be divided into three periods. Write a sentence that describes each period.
a. Ancient Rome__________________________________________________________________
b. the Renaissance_________________________________________________________________
c. a Unified Italy (came together)_____________________________________________________
- Where Is The Eastern Hemisphere? - Where Does the West End and the East Begin?, Comparing Graphs, What Is Culture?
- Looking At ITALY - Where in the World Is Italy?, What Is the Geography of Italy?
- Other Free Encyclopedias
History Reference: Ancient History & World HistoryThe Eastern Hemisphere - Europe and Russia